Duke Energy, the primary electricity provider for millions of North Carolinians, is making the climate crisis worse, continues to pursue fossil fuel projects like natural gas pipelines, has criminally mismanaged harmful coal ash waste at its power plants, and is allowed to continually increase rates by elected officials who receive campaign contributions from utilities like Duke.
It’s time for Energy Justice. It’s time to end the Duke monopoly.
- Energy Justice coalition launches interactive web tool revealing “pay-to-play” ties between Duke Energy and lawmakers
- Duke Energy boosted political donations to prep for major legislative initiative
- Legislators Should Reject Duke Energy Deception and Annual Rate Hike Bill
- North Carolina Governor Urged to Appoint Utility Commissioners That Will Promote Clean Energy, Protect Public Health
- Winston-Salem Journal: It’s time to end Duke Energy’s monopoly in North Carolina