Duke Energy, the primary electricity provider for millions of North Carolinians, is making the climate crisis worse, continues to pursue fossil fuel projects like natural gas pipelines, has criminally mismanaged harmful coal ash waste at its power plants, and is allowed to continually increase rates by elected officials who receive campaign contributions from utilities like Duke.
It’s time for Energy Justice. It’s time to end the Duke monopoly.
- Winston-Salem Journal: It’s time to end Duke Energy’s monopoly in North Carolina
- Facing South: Duke Energy’s monopoly power faces challenges in Southern states
- Video by Todd Tinkham of the Energy Justice NC launch
- PV Magazine: NC groups call for end to utility monopoly, 100% renewable energy
- WRAL: Environmental groups push to break Duke Energy’s monopoly